Friday, March 03, 2006

Paper or Plastic?

I was at the grocery store the other day picking up a few essentials for the week. Like usual, my hands were full of stuff (I would get a basket, but I always convince myself that I am only getting a couple of things) and I got in the line. The lady who was checking me out pulled out paper bags and started to put my groceries in the bag. I thought this was a bit strange because most of the time the person loading the bags reaches for plastic first. I didn't say anything and ended up with three bags. I will tell you that I had the damndest time getting those bags out to my car. Unlike plastic, paper bags don't have handles and they're awkward. Maybe its an environmental thing - although I have heard that there really isn't much difference - but I want plastic. Next time someone tries to pack my stuff in paper, I will speak up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The paper bags at my grocery store do have handles, and I like them better than plastic because they're easier to carry.