Friday, December 09, 2005

two things

1. Why is it that everytime someone goes to a strip club on t.v. the women are wearing something closer to a bikini than their birthday suit. I understand that you can't just show anything on television and that baring certain things is prohibited, but I always think the characters on the t.v. show are just going to crappy strip clubs. Hell, if I'm going to go to some sleazy strip joint there better be somethin' nekkid.

2. I just saw one of the Victoria's Secret Christmas commercials and this brings me to another observation. They (the models) are wandering the streets in tiny little lingerie. People, it's cold out there (in most places around the country) and these women need to put on some jackets or at least a scarf. Also, I love how the people the models pass on the street just look at them like it is normal for amazon-like women to prance around the street in a negligee.

Oh well. Only in America.

3 comments:

Peyton said...

I don't get it... what is your tivo recording? It sounds so naughty.

katie g. said...

Well, the first thing is just a general observation of several t.v. shows. The one that I was referring to in particular was Thurs. The O.C.

The second was just referring to the commercials I have seen lately. Despite my use of tivo, I still find myself watching some commercials...strange, huh?

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should totally see Rent. In this gritty, hip exploration of the Bohemian lifestyle we get a scene of the stripper character at work, dancing in a less-revealing bikini than you'd see at a ten-year-old's birthday party. I'm thinking movies have even less of an excuse than TV shows, especially when they're supposed to be "subversive" and stuff.