Thursday, December 15, 2005

Last Night...

I went out with some friends from school and had a very good time! I drank too much and had a wee hangover this morning, but all in all it was a fun evening. We went to Surin (the local Thai restaurant for those not in the know) and then we went to a local coffee house that serves liquor - you people know I wouldn't be having caffeine that late at night or going to a place where there were no adult beverages - Madness! I think it must have been open mic night and there was this one guy singing who looked like John C. Reilly. It took my friend Rachel B. and I a little while to figure out who he looked like, but that was it. He was dressed in faded blue jeans (circa 1992) and a polo shirt (also circa 1992 or thereabouts). Basically about as white bread as you get. His first song choice? Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. Quite a study in contrasts. I was waiting for him to launch into Marilyn Manson's Personal Jesus...

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

Surin - YUM! One of my roommates used to bartend there :) God I miss the days of free alcohol...

Peyton said...

I love Surin and I am sooo jealous... It is going to be my second stop when I am in B'ham over the holidays.

Sounds like you had a good time last night... you deserve it.