Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Here's the big secret

I am here to let you people know something really important. Although I love holidays (as evidenced by my constant harping about Christ's birthday) there are a couple that I find extremely overhyped and I refuse to participate one year longer. The first holiday on my list? New Year's Eve. This is the night. You know, the one that is supposed to be loads of fun and crazy. Bullsh*t. All you end up doing is getting yourself excited and dressed up for some lame party that never lives up to its hype and you end up wishing you had stayed in your p.j.'s and relaxed at home. This year I am skipping all of this and hanging with a few friends in my p.j.'s, watching movies, getting drunk on alcohol I bought myself and didn't pay a 100% markup on, and being low key. That's it. This is my way to avoid getting all excited about stuff that won't happen. It's the perfect plan. I can't be disappointed. Do what you want, but I suggest just letting things happen as they may and be excited about the little things.

I alluded to this earlier, but I have a special plan for the holiday. I am not ready to reveal my idea just yet, but I am going to keep everyone updated.

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

There is nothing wrong with staying home and getting drunk. Just think - you won't have to worry about driving or finding a taxi!

Anonymous said...

I personally hate all holidays that require you to have someone to kiss or have a date (Valentines). If you don't you're just reminded of that fact, so this year I'll be kissing all the money I'm going to make.