Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I would prefer not to study, so...

Tomorrow is my last exam and I don't want to study for it. So I have decided to post about something I observed over the weekend.

I like to watch House Hunters on HGTV. I like to assess people's taste and to see the different kinds of houses that are out there. Anyhoo, I had taped an episode of the show and this couple was looking for a houseboat. Yes, a houseboat. I don't get them. To me they're scary and small. The couple on the show was looking for said houseboat in Seattle and they were planning on using it as a weekend vacation home. The couple's primary home was a showplace and certainly cost several million dollars. The boat they were looking to purchase was going to run them $500,000+. Hmmm. This is when you know someone has too much money. You know what the woman said that she was looking for in a potential houseboat? She wanted "intimacy with the water." I'm not sure what this means, but I don't like it. It makes me nervous that you can go to bed and wake up to find your house on the bottom of a body of water. Well, I guess you wouldn't wake up in case of this event, but you get my drift. Too transient for my tastes. It reminds me of the time that I was interning in this little tiny town in Arkansas and the local bank was in a trailer. In my opinion, anything that can be moved easily should not be the location for anyone's life savings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, was the trailer-bank FDIC insured??

$500 G's on a houseboat? Give me a break. Did they find something that was satisfactorily intimate with the water? I might have to watch this show....

Peyton said...

Katie, I used last night procrastinating too... I thoroughly cleaned my kitchen, cleaned out the litter box, talked to you on the phone, decided on which Christmas cards to use this year and worked on my resume a little. Did I study for Finance? No I did not. Am I in panic mode now? Yes I am. Does my apartment look ultra clean? Absolutely... now that all of those other important tasks are complete, I suppose I have time to cram now...

Good Luck on your final today, I know you will do great! Me on the other hand... well, we'll see.

Peyton said...

Oh, and about the houseboat, what were they thinking?

katie g. said...

Sarah, the houseboat they chose was quite small and the "master bedroom" only consisted of sink and toilet. You had to walk downstairs to get to the shower. To me, this is not good planning as they were an older couple which begs the question - how long will they be able to keep up the trek to bathe?

Peyton - I think it is what I said, theys justs gots too much moola!

BabyMakes4 said...

500K on a boat? Pish-posh. That's chump change. I plan to spend at least a cool mil on mine, and then I'll float it in the Hornersville Floodways. For those of you not familiar with the bootheel, the floodways are man-made ditches. And there isn't a million dollar anything in a 2 hour radius. ;) I'll be the first.