Sunday, December 04, 2005

here it is, people

The countdown to graduation. For the past few months I have been dreading the last of my college career and the work that would accompany it, but I have really been finishing up a lot of my work (that has turned out to be more busy work than anything) and it occurs to me it is like a lot of other things in my life. I wish that things would come quickly, but when they get here I wish things would slow down.

Don't get me wrong. I want to graduate, but there is a lot that goes along with that.

Is it just me, or were you under the impression (either in high school or early college) that you would magically "know" what you wanted to do when you were done with school?

If someone is reading this and has not graduated from college, I've got some truths for you to swallow:

-You will never "know" when you officially grow up, somehow it just happens
-College does not guarantee that you will be on a career path
*This is the most important*
-Things will work out.

Wisdom from Madame Katie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The hardest lesson I had to learn was that college degree does NOT equal great job offer.

However, with your handful of degrees, maybe you're a little more prepared for the "real world" than I was with my measly lil Liberal Arts degree.

BabyMakes4 said...

I am using my degree exactly like it is supposed to be and guess what...I want to do something else. I guess it doensn't matter why you go to school...it probably won't ever be exactly what you want to do. At least until they come up with a degree where you get paid for watching tv, eating, and shopping. :)

Peyton said...

I like the forever student approach. I will be finished with my MAM in the Spring and in the fall I am going back to finish the first masters I started. Why hurry into the real world... Katie, there has to be another degree you would like to have?

Katy C. said...

I'm in the real world and I am definately not a grown up. I refuse....I definately don't do anything related to my degree (working on that though - keep your fingers crossed for me!). And I didn't know what I wanted to do when I graduated (this explains the 6 months I lived in Texas) Things do work out...but never quite how you want them to...