Thursday, April 20, 2006

Some days I'm Tom Cruise and other days I'm Dustin Hoffman

I refer, of course, to the movie Rainman. Sometimes I feel extremely uncaring and opportunistic and other days I feel autistic because I hate having my routine messed with. I guess I'm more Hoffman than Cruise, but it is really a toss-up which one is better or worse. I know change is supposed to be good for you, but I think it is often unnecessary and just plain disruptive. Sometimes I even want to change my stick-in-the-mood ways, but it is generally more of a fleeting thought and not something I take too seriously. I have pretty much accepted my boring ways...it's no big surprise I want to work someplace like a library.

5 comments:

Peyton said...

I am a total Dustin... especially when it comes to my bedtime.

Peyton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peyton said...

(I deleted the comment above because I accidently said the same thing twice)

Katy C. said...

I'm a Dustin. I completely dislike disruption to my routine. I need to work in a couple of new things though - like cleaning my room and going to bed earlier :)

Natty Woohoo said...

I say embrace the library. After working part time as a waiter in a restaurant, I am now seeking another part time job at a book store. So nice and quiet....