Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Looking back...

I know that I have previously revealed my love for cheesy television, but I did not reveal one of the reasons why I love such programming. I like watching these shows partly because they remind of when I was younger. It's not that I would like to go back in time and be a little kid anymore, but I think I would like to live a couple of days like a kid with the knowledge I have today. Think about it, you could be a senior in high school, have all of the knowledge you have right now and approach things differently. I would not be as stressed out as I was when I was 17 or 18. I could use my experience as an adult and just enjoy life. One of my secrets is to be able to go back to a time when I lived at home with my mom and dad and just went to school and hung out with my friends. Don't worry, I haven't regressed to childhood, I'm just curious about how life would be. I think some of these feelings may stem from the fact that my mom was around when I was younger and I miss her. I wouldn't change the freedom I have today for the kind of control that was wielded over my life when I was at home. I guess I just feel a little intimidated by the responsibility of my present life.

Dear Lord, imagine if I was married and had kids? Someone asked me if I had "any of my own" (kids that is) and I had to repress a shudder. It's not because I don't want kids, I do, but it is more like I can't imagine being able to raise another human being. With that being said(or written) I am sending extremely positive thoughts to BabyMakesThree (her link is found to your left). Hope this wasn't too depressing and I hope that I'm not alone in my thoughts.

5 comments:

BabyMakes4 said...

Don't worry Katie, there was a time not so long ago when I couldn't imagine being a mother. And now I can't imagine NOT being a mother...even though I'm not quite one yet. :)

Wendy said...

I agree, it is hard to imagine being responsible for another person!!!

Let's hang soon, maybe next week or weekend, I have to work this weekend.

I also really enjoyed the mouse article I almosted pissed myself.

Peyton said...

Teddy is your "kid"... and a cute "kid" at that.

As for me adulthood has proved to be a lot of fun... I knew it would be great, but it is better than great. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Peyton said...

Okay, my champagne has kicked in... I meant to say "adulthood has proven" not proved... maybe I need to slow down a little.

Katy C. said...

At this point in my life I can't imagine raising a child when I'm not done growing up yet. I do want them though :o) Although, I'm more in love with the idea of being a grandmother than a mom :o) I wanna be one of the "cool" grandma's!