Saturday, January 07, 2006

Heath and Jake make a good couple

I saw Brokeback Mountain last night and it was excellent. The only thing I didn't enjoy about it was the front row seats we were forced to sit in because the movie was sold out. It was a packed house and the audience was really well-behaved - which is a rarity these days. I suggest everyone go see this movie if they love a heartfelt, romantic story. I know this movie is supposed to be controversial, but after a while in the movie you just tend to see it as a love story between two conflicted people. The gay thing is kind of an afterthought. If you would like to see a gay romantic comedy you should see All Over the Guy. It's a cute movie and I have a crush on one of the guys in the movie. Plus, there's a really hot love scene. Anyway, I digress and my mind is quickly heading for the gutter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to see Brokeback Mountain, but despite your enthusiasm (and the promise of a really hot love scene) I'm not so sure about All Over the Guy. Romantic comedies generally don't sit well with me.

If you're ever in the market for a gay suspense-type movie, check out Urbania. It pretty much rocks eight ways from Sunday.

Unknown said...

I do want to see it, but I admit I'm a little apprehensive about the love scenes. Maybe I'll just wait for it to be On Demand. :)

katie g. said...

There's really not too much action in the movie - to my disappointment. The movie is basically just about human interaction, frustration, and regret. You should see it!

Katy C. said...

I'm jealous! I was going to go on a "date" w/ Kyle's roomie to see it but it was sold out until 10:30 and neither one of us wanted to attend that late of a showing.