Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I love Rules

It's true. I love rules, I think most rules serve important purposes and I try to follow most of them. This is particularly true for my job. There are a billion rules and standards that they try to enforce and I mostly follow them with the exception of two: you can only wear two earrings (I have seven) and tuck your shirt in (dream on). I used to like to think I was someone who liked to throw caution to the wind, but let's face it: I throw no caution at no wind. One of the reasons why I like rules is that they generally make your life easier and somewhat safer. People who don't follow the rules at work, employees and customers alike, drive me insane. I have the fact that my fellow employees don't follow the rules thrown in my face everyday by customers and my only response is something along the lines of "Sorry, I guess I'm the only observant one around here - pay up." I fear authority - the police in particular. I'm such a wimp, but I don't care. So that's my dirty little secret.

8 comments:

PrincessGreen17 said...

I wish we could work together, Katie, because I love to follow the rules too and it drives me crazy when other people don't!

Unknown said...

I fear authority too, for no reason because I was always "good"! But, I guess the reason I was good was because I feared authority.

Katy C. said...

I'm also a fan of rules and in general fear authority. And I was like Sarah, good because I feared authority. My authority was very tangible though - MY MOM. She got her bluff in early.....

Lora Leigh said...

I never wear a seatbelt here, but I do lock myself in the vehicle.


I make my own rules of the road ;)

BabyMakes4 said...

Just a little something fun for you Katie...

You've been tagged

Anonymous said...

i think i am a rule follower, but i tend to be selective about the rules that i follow.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Katie and I don't miss it and whats so funny is the people who complain about paying ect. are not the ones hurtin for cash. I hope you get that new job.

Peyton said...

Those people used to piss me off too. They are just breaking the rules to be pains in the you-know-what. I started feeling like I was going to lose it if I had to deal with those people for one more day... and that is when I abruptly quit. Life was much better once I moved on... I hope you get this job too.