Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm off to work, but I figured I could squeeze in a post...

Honestly, I don't have much to say aside from the fact that I love long weekends, but they certainly make going back to work extremely hard. My weekend was pretty low key except for a trip to T-town with Jenny to see an old friend of hers. I had a good time, but it ocurred to me about half way through the evening that I am over the whole college scene. We went to a bar where the crowd was probably 95% undergrad and I was reminded of my years in college. Unfortunately, I don't really have any desire to go back to college so the experience was a bit "trying." I had a good time with Jenny and her friend, but I would have enjoyed it more had the crowd been a bit older. I am not too keen on hanging out with 19 and 20 year olds in a bar. The only thing I kept thinking was "umm, is it just me, or are they not old enough to be here?" Yep, that's right people, I've turned into a curmudgeon in my old age. Great. What's next? Drinking Ensure to get all of my daily nutrients and watching The Weather Channel because I think it's entertainment?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummmm....i seem to remember a certain curmudgeon kissing a 19 yr old boy....

katie g. said...

he was 20...thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

you are right...that is much better...i stand corrected...to be fair, he was one of the oldest guys in the bar...but you know me...i love the young ones...

Lora Leigh said...

The Weather Channel is very intertaining...

:)