Monday, November 28, 2005

The King



I have noticed that several of my last posts have been a bit negative so I have decided to dedicate several future posts to the topic of things I love.

Today's topic: Elvis Presley a.k.a. "The King of Rock n' Roll"

Things I love about Elvis: He was a southerner, great singer, awesome songs, cheesy movies, hot sex (at least between 1953-1971). Mmm-mmm good. I love watching Elvis and Me (tv movie from the late 80s that depicted his life with Priscilla) when it comes on Lifetime or CMT close to his birthday or the date of his death. I know an awful lot about him and he joins a short list of people that I am absolutely FASCINATED by. He was a complex, flawed, generous, caring, conflicted, successful, and talented person - to name a few qualities. I also think I relate to him because he struggled with his weight in his 30s and 40s. He died tragically and has continued to garner fans close to 30 years after his death.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my GOD...exactly what I needed to see today. Lovin' the king.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Elvis. SO much. There are no words.

Katy C. said...

I love cheesy Elvis movies! Kissing Cousins is one of my favorites lol.