Sunday, November 20, 2005

Update: Christmas 2005

This is my update for how I am getting prepared for the Christmas season. Thanks to everyone for encouraging my goal for the year.

Here are the Christmas things I have watched on t.v.
1. Major Dad (charming and cheesy sitcom from the early '90s) - a "very special episode" that includes the necessary magic of Christmas and renewed belief in Santa.
2. Beverly Hills, 90210 - (no need for explanation, right?) Episode from season four, the first year "the gang" was in college. Lots of good cheer and happiness. A must see, not the best 90210 Christmas episode, but cute.
3. QVC - I love watching this stuff. They are always talking about Christmas and are decorated for the holidays beginning in September. Super Christmas-y!

Other things I have done to get me in the mood for the holidays:
1. I wear Christmas socks almost every day
2. I wear my Christmas underwear several times a week (I have a lot to pick from)
3. I bought the tackiest, most fabulous Christmas tree (it kind of looks like this picture, but it's red!) for my apartment.
4. I bought an extremely tacky collection of Christmas ornaments to go with my fabulous tree. I will take a picture once it's decorated.
5. I made spiked hot apple cider. Mmmm-mmmm.

What have you done about getting in the mood? If you haven't done anything, you better get going!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, all I've done so far is talk about getting into the Christmas spirit. And I bought gifts for my bosses. I guess it's time to dial it up a few notches, huh?

katie g. said...

Ummm, yes. I find that doing little things like wearing my Christmas socks has gone a long way in putting me in the Christmas spirit.

Susan said...

Do you have any Christmas toe socks?? I love those! Make some cookies, or at least buy some!!! My favorite at Christmas are the little fruitcake cookies. Get a gingerbread or eggnog latte from Starbucks...they only come around once a year. Dress Teddy in a Santa Hat!!!

Peyton said...

Katie, that tree is really too much... You must post a picture once you have it up and decorated.

Anonymous said...

I love your tree!

I've done some thinkin' on Christmas, and yesterday I looked at trees at Target, but so far I've done nothing concrete.

I'm thinking about trying to finally do the papier mache-wrapped tree I've been considering for years, but that would require work and I am, as you know, Teh Lazy.

Katy C. said...

I'll update you next week on my doings for Christmas. I try not to get everything out and start decorating until after Thanksgiving :o) Your plans are definately pumping me up for decorating though!

Anonymous said...

the tinsel tree is great. i remember my grandparents used to have one in their basement from forever ago. i think it rotated too! anyway, it really is tacky, but still great.

Lora Leigh said...

due to unexpected early Christmas decorations already arriving we have the proper supplies to doll up the room. room 21 is now absolutely out of control. we have a string of holiday lights down the middle, bells ont he door, a wreath on the outside of the door (at least until it falls off), garland around my bed and around everyone's mirrors! and lastly I have a mini Charlie Brown tree with fiber optic ends (battery operated mind you) that sits on top of my wall locker. It's great -- very festive already!