Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I CAN READ

This is what I feel like shouting to several professors and other people who believe in reading to you. For example, one professor loves to do PowerPoint and then read the slides to you for HOURS. It drives me insane. I have been in school for 246 years and I am quite capable of reading for myself. As Jenny is fond of saying, PowerPoint is a license to be boring. My fellow students are also guilty of reading to people who can do it on their own. Another thing that gets on my nerves is a student droning on and on for 20-30 minutes when the presentation was supposed to last 5-10 minutes at the most. Brevity is a virtue that many people have lost. It is literally like torture to me. Ugh. Sometimes I picture myself piping up in the middle of class with something like "Shut up! Just shut the F*ck up! If you don't shut up, I will kill you. I will torture you like you are torturing me! Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Ahhh, I feel better already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading about your response to tardiness and power-pointers, I only have one thing to say: You're starting to sound a lot like Peyton!

Susan said...

Give me a hint....who is it?