Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My name is Katie and I am addicted to cheesy '90s television

Well, I have had this blog for several months now and I feel like we know each other pretty well. I have shared numerous embarrassing habits and beliefs with ya'll and now I will reveal the most embarrassing of them all (I need to give Lydia props because she admitted her love of the early '80s sitcom Bosom Buddies). I love bad '90s television. Early, mid, late '90s - it doesn't matter I LOVE IT. Here is what is on the Tivo right now:

Major Dad
Beverly Hills, 90210
Grace Under Fire
Coach
Designing Women (this is a bit of a cheat as it appeared during the late '80s and early '90s)

I know what you may be thinking right now: "she has no taste in television." Well, I never claimed to have taste and anyone who has ever been in a room with me for longer than fifteen minutes will acknowledge that many of my tastes are lowbrow, i.e. Bud Light, Gross Out comedies, and cheesy music. Now that I have admitted this dark secret to you, what is your guilty pleasure?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am unsure about whether I'm ready to share this with the world, but there was a time when I obsessively watched the reruns that came on Lifetime: Designing Women, Golden Girls, The Nanny, Mad About You, and Any Day Now...

katie g. said...

Ooooh! Me too! I should have shared that. I would stay up extremely late to watch Mad About You every night.

Anonymous said...

Hey, now, Golden Girls rocks!

Guilty pleasures? Let's see...I still like some of the songs off Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell. Worse, I enjoy at least one Britney Spears song very much indeed.

Helen Keller jokes.

LS560 (I really do feel guilty for liking it!)

Katy C. said...

My guilty pleasure is fan fiction. Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy specifically.

PrincessGreen17 said...

I have a season pass to Designing Women, too!

Peyton said...

Katie, you are inspiring me to admit that sometimes before work I watch the nanny... okay I said it. I will never admit to it again.

Lora Leigh said...

I loved Ally McBeal and Sex in the City.

I was curious about the L word, Buffy, and Gilmore Girls...but never took enough time to watch them very much.

I am a fan of tasteless jokes.