Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Quacker Factory



After admitting to my love of bad '90s television, I feel like I can admit to just about anything. I like to watch QVC for hours on end during the holiday season. I think it is because it portrays life as you sometimes idealize it. You know, a cheerful fire in the fireplace, perfect Christmas decorations, and pretty gifts that "mom" or "grandma" would just love! Anyhoo, I am getting off of my topic for the day. There is one show that I love the most on this wonderful network. It is called The Quacker Factory and it is a fabulous example of cheesiness and what one can achieve with the Bedazzler. Jeanne Bice is the creator of these incredible clothes that include all of the sweaters that your second grade teacher used to wear for the various holidays of the year. People call in and say things like "quack, quack, Jeanne! I just LOVE your clothes! They're precious! I own all six!"
Examples of her fashion creations (credit to the QVC website - for those of you who are looking for the perfect Christmas gift this year):

A little something for Halloween or for Fall?
or
Teachers?
or
Just damn T-A-C-K-Y?

People, she calls herself the Head Quack. You gotta love it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's where our nation's elementary school teachers buy their wardrobes. I'd always wondered.