Thursday, November 17, 2005

Late? Selfish Little Sh*t.

I hate being late.

Late for appointments. Late for work. Late for class. Just plain late.

I was at work today and stuck there for 30 EXTRA minutes because some b*tch didn't leave her house in time to get to work on time. Dammit. I like being early for work so that I am able to take my time and not rush around. I like getting to class early so that I can take care of anything that needs to be accomplished before class. It is selfish and most people who are late tend to do it a lot. Why is it that you can consistently be late, but cannot consistently make an effort to get someplace on time. I think it shows a lack of respect for others and it drives me up the freakin' wall.

So admit it...are you on time or late? Different point of view from mine? Anyone want to play devil's advocate?

9 comments:

Susan said...

I am an on-time kind of girl. I am with you, kiddo.

Peyton said...

I do not like to be late either. I purposely set my watch & clocks 5 minutes ahead so that I am always on time.

Katy C. said...

Why is on time or late the only options?

I'm always early - that way even if I'm running late by my standards, I end up where I'm supposed to be on time. Work is a prime example of this - I'm usually there by 745ish so even if I run late or traffic is worse than usual I still get there by 800 am. I agree that it's a complete lack of repect for others and it too drives me crazy. You could consider this a pet peeve of mine. I consider myself a fairly reasonable person, but this is one way to completely irritate me. I have a hard time even trying to be friends with people who are perpetually tardy.

Nalini Singh said...

I totally agree with you katie. It drives me nuts when people are late. NUTS!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100%. Actually, I'm four-square behing K8E, being a firm believer in the healing powers of earliness.

PrincessGreen17 said...

I'm always early! With my old-fashioned "manners," I still consider lateness rude!

BabyMakes4 said...

i'm with all of you. i start to get nervous if i think i'm going to be late somewhere. and i can't stand it when people are late meeting me somewhere. especially in public if i am just sitting there by myself.

katie g. said...

Ooh, me too, Babymakes3! You always feel like a goober just sitting there. I want to tell anyone that looks at me that I am, indeed, meeting someone and not just a loser that sits by themselves at the mall or eating establishments

Lora Leigh said...

Okay, its time to give you someone to hate -- I'm late.

I get to where I am supposed to be just in time. I think this is something my family has instilled in me b/c they are the same way except worse.
I do understand the importance of being on time or early for work so I am always on time for that. Other than work you can depend on me being fashionable late.