Saturday, October 08, 2005

Uh, should we be worried?

Did Jesus come back and nobody told me? In recent days discussions of Hurricanes, Avian Flu, Earthquakes, and Karl Rove agreeing to testify without immunity, have made me believe that the apocalypse is upon us.

Dude, if this is true, I am in trouble.

See all previous posts to support this theory.

It reminds me of the bumper sticker "Jesus is coming. Look busy." I would not consider myself all that religious. I believe in God, but when it comes to specifics I am a little more iffy. Nothing like the threat of eternal damnation to get you walking the straight and narrow. Back in Catholic school the nuns always told us about St. Augustine and how he was this big sinner and then repented later in life. I've have always felt that this was a pretty good way to live. You know, party while you're young and then get serious later.

Crap, is it time to get serious?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nah... just try to look busy.

Anonymous said...

if the end is nigh, i'm reaffirming my status as a first-waver.