Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Procrastination as a way of life

I am here to let everyone know that procrastination is not inherently bad, it just depends on how you go about your procrastinating. I prefer what I have termed "planned procrastination" (I also refer to this as "planned laziness"), which means that you put things off, but you also figure out when you will accomplish what you have avoided doing. This idea may fly in the face of prevailing beliefs, but I have proof that the method works. I have managed to get through numerous semesters employing my system. For those naysayers out there - yes, I have been in graduate school for a long time (previously tallied at 246 years), but that is b/c I am a glutton for punishment and not because I fail to do my work. Slow and steady wins the race, be-otches.

Lay on your couch.
Watch your t.v. or saved Tivo programs.
Ignore your work or homework.
Accomplish nothing (well, for a limited amount of time).

As Ben Stiller once said, "Do It." (Starsky and Hutch)

Just in case you don't believe me, there is an entire website devoted to the merits of procrastination located at - where else? www.procrastination.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

By the way I was going to comment on this post before, but I kept putting it off.... ;)