Monday, October 31, 2005

His breath still smelled like icing

There he was...innocently sitting on the couch, watching a little Dr. Phil and clearly enjoying his afternoon. Then I saw the look. I have seen it so often I can spot it from forty paces, at least: guilt. Yep. Teddy ate my Halloween cupcake. I saved it from class and left it on my kitchen counter and damned if the little bugger didn't gobble it up. The cupcake wrapper was in pristine condition. He licked that mother clean and not a crumb was left behind to indicate that a cupcake had ever graced this house. For all of his faults, he certainly has a delicate touch. The paper wasn't even wripped. It looked as if he smoothed it out in an attempt to make it look neat. I'm surprised he didn't place it in the trash can as a curtesy to me. Hell, I could probably use it again.

I know, I know, you're saying to yourself, "Katie, haven't you learned by now?" My answer? Apparently, not. What I have to say in my defense is that he seems to be blessed with some sort of doggie super powers. The moment I leave the apartment he flies around and picks out all of the things he knows I value, need, or want and either destroys it or eats it.

Question to self: was the m-m's incident for naught?

9 comments:

Katy C. said...

Be grateful it was just a cupcake (well, this time). In high school my german shepherd ate 3 lbs of chocolate my mom and I were planning on using to make chocolate covered pretzels. THAT was one sick puppy....

Peyton said...

Oh, Katie... I still remember the day that I had to clean up Oreo's vomit for eating a whole box of hershey's bars... I can only feel... however, I would like to mention that my hands loook really old in this light... like creepy old, and Jamie refuses to address this comment because he is reading criminal law... oh goodness, how interesting!!!

Peyton said...

No, seriously, my hands look so old and Jamie will not acknowledge this.


Someone, please adress this...


FYI: I was told (today) that I look no older than 20... should I be flattered?

Peyton said...

I think I need to acknowledge that I was ranting abot how "old" my hands look... please someone comment on this... they are so old....I don't even get carded anymore. Maybe I am insensitive... Or maybe I am drunk for the first time in 1 month and I need to realize that I am finally "old". Some girl I work with said she thought I was 20, I was so flattered, and I said "thank you, you are so sweet"... who knew that those were the magic words for being"old"... I think I have finally become that person...

katie g. said...

Hahaha! I am sure your hands do not look old. Ummm, about the "no older than 20" comment...ummm, sure. No really, I would probably say you look a little older than 20, but certainly not 26.

Unknown said...

Well I wanted to say something about how rebellious Teddy is, but I really feel the need to address Peyton's hands. Peyton, I've met you before but it's been several years... I'm pretty sure you looked at least 20 at that point... I know the feeling though, looking younger than you are... that must be hard to reconcile with old-looking hands... although I'm sure they don't really look that old.

Peyton said...

okay, maybe they are not as old-looking in the light of sobriety. Wow, I got really drunk last night. I think a bottle of red wine after 1 month of sobriety was a bad idea... I am paying for it right now. I am officially back on the wagon.

Katie, it is a good thing you lost your phone because I probably would have drunk dialed you last night.

katie g. said...

Wooh, dodged that bullet! ;)

BabyMakes4 said...

not to ignore peyton's hands, but i don't know peyton or her hands, so i can't really contribute to that conversations, so i will just have to address teddy's cupcake eating. I hope that he enjoyed himself. Our Weimeraner decided to eat all of our christmas cookies a couple of years ago. He ate a gallon size bag of puppy chow (the kind with crispix, chocolate, peanut butter, and powder suger), and a gallon size bag of toffee bars. To say he was wired when we got home would be an understatement. At least Teddy was calmly watching television.