Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Crap! Apparently I'm a "grown-up"

I had to shop for my very first suit today. Ugh. They are extremely uncomfortable and I find them too stuffy. It was almost as bad as having to buy my first training bra. I am the type of person that would wander around in my pajamas all day long. I would go to work, parties and church all in jammies if I could. Okay, so maybe I am not what you would call a "regular" attendee of services (try once a year for the big J.C.'s b-day) and I can actually go to work in clothes that resemble p.j.'s (if I'm running really late, sometimes they really are the ones I was wearing - ssshhh - don't tell). Parties or bars are the one place where I could not withstand the public ridicule. Everyone would point and stare if I walked in in footie pajamas, but they would also secretly be jealous. This world would be damn close to perfect if I could wear some sort of stretchy cotton pants and shirts (at least two sizes too big of course) at all times. I am in such a better mood when I look kinda homeless. Of course if this actually came about, no one would ever get laid. They would just be too fugly. Oh well, call me crazy...oh wait, that was the last post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, what color is your new suuuuuuuit???? I wanna see a picture of you wearing it! Why do you have to pretend to be a grown-up?

You've gotta get some sweatpants from American Eagle. If I'm at home, I'm wearing them.

Katy C. said...

Like a real suit?? Where all the pieces actually come together in one unit? Wow....I don't even have one of those!

katie g. said...

The pants and the jacket came together. I picked out the shirt myself. I felt so silly wearing it. Like I was playing "dress-up"