Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Update

My last gulp (I would say sip if it was true) of beer was at 11:55 p.m. I realize many of you who know me are a little surprised that I have decided to give up the nectar of the gods for Lent. I had a call from the Anheuser-Busch people (makers of Bud Light) expressing their concern for their second and third quarter profits (I plan to be back in full swing for the 4th quarter reports). Yes, the American economy may take a hit due to this decision, but I believe that my ability to fulfill this Lenten promise will make me a better person. I hope because if I don't get any kind of good results from this (aside from the money and calories saved) I'll be a bit peeved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the maker of bud light also called me and asked if i could talk some sense into you. i explained that unless they started producing moderately priced gin they are out of luck for the remainder of the lentin (sp?) season. dale jr. also called. he's hurt, but he said he'll forgive you, since it is for the lord and all.

katie g. said...

Dale and I have already patched things up. He says "hi." Moderately priced gin would be AWESOME (well that didn't taste like hooch)