Saturday, February 18, 2006

Spell Check

To echo some of Sarah's gripes about punctuation and the general demise of the written word, I would like to present one of the most annoying misuses of signage. Businesses that spell things wrong to be "catchy." For example, I went to a "concept lounge" (whatever this means) called Konfusion. This spelling was a mystery to me as I don't live in a city that starts with a K and there were no other obvious reasons for the misspelling. I also hate it when people write "thanx" - really? the extra letter was just too taxing and required the use of one letter? At work we had something called Kid's Kamp. You know, start the kids young and they'll never know how to spell. I think this just encourages people to forget how to spell. Don't shorten words, people. Avoid being cute, catchy, or any other thing that would require this kind of behavior.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is annoyed.