Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Perfect Analogy for My Life

I got my two diplomas in the mail over the weekend. Very exciting! I opened the first one and it had my full name and my degree on it - Masters of Library and Information Sciences - and it was very nice to look at. I opened the second envelope and it had my full name and my degree on it -Masters of Library and Information Sciences - and it was...wait a sec. Two diplomas saying the exact same thing? Crap. It seems that this always happens in my life. Things go pretty well except for one thing. It can never perfectly work out. I was glad to get my hands on the diploma, but it was a bit disappointing. Partially, because I only got one and also because, as Jenny so eloquently pointed out, they looked like they just printed them out on their home printer. It was not all that nice. I wanted some sort of embossed printing or an official seal. Nope, just regular script writing and photocopied signatures. Whoop-dee-doo. I might as well have gone to the online University of Phoenix and gotten my degree in gunsmithing.

7 comments:

Peyton said...

Our diplomas look cheap too... once I saw what I will be receiving, I lost all interest... now I am hanging onto the excitement of graduating (and being in school) by a single thread... I am sooo ready to be finished.

katie g. said...

Tell me about it. I have been job searching today and have come to the extremely depressing conclusion that I have no applicable skills.

Lora Leigh said...

Congrats on getting the proof of your degree...even though its homemade appearance can't compete with your BSC diploma
:)

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Oh my, thanks for making me laugh out load!!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

Sorry about the load, I mean LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!