Sunday, February 12, 2006

My First Great Disappointment

(Today's post was inspired by an episode of Larry King Live featuring a reunion of the Growing Pains cast)

...was Kirk Cameron. I had such a crush on him as a kid because he was cute, funny, and a little bit naughty. I have already remarked that I am attracted to bad boys and he was the epitome of a "safe" bad boy. Then he got Jesus. He decided that he was too pious for the show and some of the "risky" plotlines. Remember that Playmate Julie? He was a prude and didn't want her on the show anymore. Oh well. I know this isn't a tragedy, but I was quite smitten with him at the time. I remember that I asked my mom for some Kirk Cameron pictures and she went to the book sale at school and came home with a Michael J. Fox magazine. Not the same, people. Not the same at all. I guess this post really shows my age, huh? Let's face it, my love of bad television is well known and I embrace it.

2 comments:

Peyton said...

I had a poster of Kirk on my wall when I was younger... i am there with you.

Wendy said...

Kirk is in all our hearts!!!!