Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I smell Rice-a-Roni


Seriously. The window in my den was open and I smelled Chicken Rice-a-Roni. Very bizarre, especially considering that I don't have it in the house and haven't had it in years. I went outside and my neighbors (the ones that I think are Amish) had their door open and for some strange reason that smell was wafting from it. Clearly, as they don't seem to watch t.v. and can their own veggies, it must have come from the homemade, free-range chicken stock they made and the rice they grew in their own pattie, seasoned with herbs found in their organic garden and cooked over the fire they created by chopping their own wood and lighting it with sparks from two rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I wonder how they made the little curly noodles. -Lydia

Peyton said...

These neighbors of yours sound fascinating.