Sunday, April 01, 2007

The busiest weekend yet

It started Friday morning and didn't quit until Sunday afternoon. I am more than a little tired. My colleague and I took some middle schoolers on a library tour before we opened so I had to be at the library an hour and a half earlier than usual and that was little rough. After we closed Peyton came to the work and took a look around and then the errands began...

Between 4:30 and 11:00 we visited the following places to get stuff for the shower and the bachelorette party:
Party City (cups, forks, 100 plastic shot glasses)
David's Bridal (my bridesmaid's dress was in so I had to pick it up)
Pier 1 (we looked at purchasing bar stools for Jenny's house, but she couldn't decide on which ones to get; Peyton bought greeting cards)
Spencer's (we looked around for naughty things for the bachelorette party but didn't buy anything)
Hallmark (gift bags, frames; Peyton bought more greeting cards)
Love Stuff (this was definitely something that was for the bachelorette party. There were many bad, bad, bad things there and I will never be old enough to go in this particular establishment despite what the law says. With that said we had a great time looking at all the bedroom accessories, but some of that stuff was just plain wrong, people.)
Western Supermarket (cheese, nine bottles of champagne, crackers, orange juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale, and beer)
Birmingham International Airport - where they go that is international is beyond me, but I digress - (we picked up the bride to be, Claire, and I almost ran over Jenny in a panic to keep moving in the "keep moving" lane. I hate airport rent-a-cops.

We came back to my apartment and visited, ate pizza, had a few beers, and went to sleep. It was good to have everyone around and just talking about old times. Teddy also had an exciting evening as there have rarely been that many people in our apartment since we moved in. I will continue this post tomorrow and fill you in on the actual shower and the debaucheress after party...

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

What is it about throwing a bachelorette party in Birmingham that Love Stuff seems to always enter the picture? lol And you're absolutely right - some of those items are just WRONG!!!

Peyton said...

Sooooooo tired!