Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No need to be rude

Here's the thing: our Summer Reading schedule is dependent on people showing up when they are scheduled and approximately on time. Often we call people and confirm the date and time they are expected. I did that today. I got a call from a certain someone after I called their business to confirm our event tomorrow. They assured me that they would NEVER schedule something for the day we had them scheduled. Well, I read them the email exchange confirming the date and time and after I said it would not be possible to reschedule, the person said "fine, I'll be there. I'm stupid for scheduling this, but I'll be there." After that, I was told that by being at the library it would have dire consequences for their business. At this point, I really didn't say anything and they just got pissed and hung up. HUNG UP, I tell you. Oh. No. You. Didn't. If this person thinks that this will make tomorrow an even more fabulous experience, they are mistaken. Is it my fault that someone didn't consult their day planner? Nope. I can't wait to meet my biggest fan tomorrow. Little sh*t.

5 comments:

Peyton said...

I cannot stand people like that... was this person a teenager or an adult?

katie g. said...

an adult for f*ck's sake.

Peyton said...

geez... that is just sooo wrong. She should know better.

Was she a totally you-know-what when she came in today?

katie g. said...

Nope, actually pretty nice, I guess they realized that they may have been a little off their f*ckin rocker the day before...and who said it was a "she"?

Anonymous said...

Never trust a fan of men in tights