Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wanna Smoke?

Well, if you know me, then the answer is no. I know I can be a nag a lot of times for my friends, but I really have their health in interest when I bitch and moan about smoking. I work at a smoke-free environment - this means that you are not allowed to smoke on the property at all. I work at a gym (that shall not be named) and there are so many people that literally put out their cigarette right before they come in the door. What's the point, people? They proceed to lift weights, do cardio, stare at themselves in the mirror to make sure they have achieved their healthy goals and then leave the club and light up a cancer stick. Fine, I'm biased. The damn things basically led my mom to an early death and I don't want anyone to smoke. I just don't get why someone who works out every day would waste their time on smoking. Oh well. I have my vices (caffeine, beer, cursin') and everybody else does too. Officially off the soap box.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least your vices are self contained. When someone smokes, they act as though its their gift to the world. No thanks, keep your ol' stupid smoke.

Peyton said...

Second-hand smoke is definitely the worst...

The best part of living in Chicago is that it is smoke-free... meaning that there is no smoking in restaurants, office buildings (including within 15 feet of a building entrance) and by 2008, all bars will be smoke-free.

PrincessGreen17 said...

There's no smoking in the bars in Madison anymore, and it is SO nice! I think people who still smoke are dumb, haven't they heard what it does to them?

Anonymous said...

i would just like to say...those in glass houses...it's not like binge drinking, eating junk, and laying on the couch (vices i believe we tend to share) are extending our lives. but, i'll grant you this: in the event that i quit drinking, start eating healthy, and regularly go to the gym, i agree to give up that little treasure known as the cigarette. until them, i'm afraid, my body's just going to have to put up with all the damage that i do to it.

katie g. said...

I conceded that point in the final sentences of the post, dear.