Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bristol, Baby!

Yep. As many of you know I am a big ole' redneck in one particular area...NASCAR. Jenny and I are hopping in the car tomorrow and heading to the track and much beer drinking and general carousing shall commence. I can't wait! We have sweet tickets, hospitality passes, an opportunity to meet Michael Waltrip (one of the last times as a driver for Dale Earnhardt, Inc.), pit tours, etc. Its a bit of a trek, but worth it. If you have never been to a race, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. (Sarah M. - as a fan of fairs it seems that you would like this as there are many similarities between the two). Everytime I tell people that I am a NASCAR fan they have two responses: laughter and the insistence that they never would have guessed I would be into that kind of stuff. I don't take it personally. I laugh at that homo-erotic sport called football (what else would you call a bunch of dudes chasing each other around a big field in tight pants?), but that is because I really don't know much about the game so it doesn't mean anything to me. I know NASCAR and that's why I like it. I'll report back with the nefarious details of the trip and aforementioned carousing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie you're such a redneck.

I've never had the pleasure of attending a NASCAR event (drove past Daytona Motor Speedway when were down there, that looked pretty cool) but I'm sure I'd love it! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! I like NASCAR too and I have always wanted to go to Bristol!!! Give a big Woo-Hoo to all the guys for me!! ;)