Saturday, August 30, 2008

You gotta know when to fold 'em

We are certainly watching the news about the hurricane down here. All my family, with the exception of my dad and brother, live in Louisiana. They rebuilt after Katrina, but they left before the storm. I just read this article on cnn.com and it frustrates me. First off, the title is inaccurate. They can leave, they just choose not to. There are plenty of free ways to get out of the city. The guy who is a busboy? Um, I might be naive, but this is not exactly a New Orleans only job. The woman who doesn't want to sit in her car with her dogs is just ridiculous. How is she going to feel if her home is flooded and she can't keep them safe? My family is out and north and I hope these people make the wise decision to get out as well.

No comments: