Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

Sarah asked for the recipe, so I thought I would go ahead and post it:

Use your standard recipe for regular Rice Krispie Treats. Make sure that you SLOWLY melt the butter in the pot. You can't rush the process. Nothing nastier than burned butter. Also, SLOWLY melt the marshmallows (the only thing nastier than burned butter). This is when you add the chocolate chips. I don't measure them, but it probably works out to a cup and a half. Let the chocolate melt completely, pour in the rice krispies, and remove from the heat. Take a buttered spatula and scrape the mixture into a really well buttered rectangular dish (9X13). Do not use PAM. Use butter, it tastes better. Let cool. Enjoy. They're really good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'm gonna make some this year and I'll be thinking of you the whole time!

Avery's mom said...

Last time I just spread Nutella On my Rice Crispi Treats.

Peyton said...

Nutella rocks my world! Great Suggestion Avery's mom! Nutella is good on anything, especially if its naughty... oh, wait, what? Yeah, I said it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. My little nieces love the regular ones. I gotta try those. byetta