Thursday, September 04, 2008

I would like to say

That I had a much improved day. I would like to say that. Unfortunately, it turns out that today was not better. On my way to work, my car was making a strange noise but I ignored it and it went away. About ten minutes later, I much louder noise and the car started driving funny and I realized that I had a flat tire. Luckily, I wasn't very far from a large parking lot. I called AAA and they came out and had me back on the road in less than an hour. My day before was such crap, this whole thing didn't really phase me. Of course, my philosophical point of view changed once I realized that after buying two new tires (apparently, another one was pretty worn down) I was going to be out $353. I'll admit that I had a little pity party and cried for a couple of minutes in the car on the way back to work. After getting myself under control - after all - as a particularly compassionate person told me yesterday "crying doesn't fix anything."

Ironically enough, while I was driving to work, before the tire went, I was singing along to the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When it rains it pours!! I hope your Friday is a little better. Or, a LOT better!

Katy C. said...

Head up, it's the end of the week!