Saturday, December 09, 2006

Holiday Movie Party

Tonight was the night. We changed up the movie lineup a bit, but we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas with the Kranks, and Love Actually. The food was tasty. We had mini pigs in a blanket, sausage balls (you know, to cover the important processed meat categories), regular and chocolate rice krispie treats, rotel dip, and eggnog. Several of my good friends stopped in and watched the movies. Honestly, the evening ended earlier than usual and very little alcohol was consumed (also, not a regular occurrence for the party). All in all, it was a little more reserved than usual and has me feeling rather old. It makes me actually contemplate abandoning the party. I mean, most of my friends don't even like Christmas movies. It's kind of like I make people come over and watch movies I like to watch and torture them. Oh well. I guess that's what friends are for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could've been there! I like Christmas movies. And junk food. And I don't drink much. Hey, the new "sedate" Christmas movie party sounds right up my alley!

Peyton said...

Me too. I think it was the best movie line-up so far.