Friday, May 18, 2007

Harder than I thought

I went home this weekend and saw Murphy for the first time in two months. I would not have imagined that such a short amount of time could produce such startlingly drastic changes. Murphy is much thinner and just quietly wanders around the house. He doesn't run to the door and bark anymore (which was one of his favorite activities). I remember all of the times that I yelled at him to shut up and now I just wish he would show some of his old spark. Getting old and sick is so sad. I just cried and cried after I picked him up and snuggled him. I don't think he will be around for the next time I am home (which is for my brother's wedding in four weeks). I'm going to take some pictures and post them online. He's not just a dog to me.

2 comments:

Peyton said...

Hang in there, Katie... He needs you more now than ever.

PrincessGreen17 said...

I'm sorry to hear that...I'll be thinking of you and of Murphy.