Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here's the problem

Communication, people. It's all about communication. We are lazy people. We are so lazy that when someone emails us, we don't write back EVEN THOUGH it is simply a matter of clicking on the reply button and typing a few words. You don't EVEN have to put the address in the email. It is automatically done for you. I am not speaking of personal emails, so anyone reading should know that I am not speaking of my friends. I am talking about several emails I have sent at work for professional reasons and people have not responded. People who are public figures and allegedly serve the community. I am so irritated right now I feel like calling them up and asking them why they are such ASSES. All I need is a yes or no. I'm not going to be mad at the answer, but I want an answer. An acknowledgement that I have sent you a message and you have you used your (however limited) ability to read. This experience has made me realize that I need to respond to all emails that require responses as a matter of courtesy. Take this as a public service announcement and keep up with your electronic correspondence.

4 comments:

Peyton said...

If I don't get a response, I will send another email saying that I am following up on the last email. Then, if they still don't respond, I send another email saying I still haven't heard anything and I just wanted to follow up again... and so on and so on.

Unknown said...

I'm guilty of ignoring work-related emails if I don't feel like figuring out the problem right then. But if it was a yes or no answer, I think I could handle that.

Avery's mom said...

golly! work emails? not for a massage therapist lol

PrincessGreen17 said...

An-NOY-ing!