Friday, January 25, 2008

A Great Experience

Tonight, I had the privilege of meeting a childhood friend of my mom. She called about a week and a half ago and mentioned that she and a couple of friends were going to be in town and she would like to meet me (surprisingly, we had never met before tonight). It was SO much fun to be able to listen to her stories about my mom. I think it is rare to hear about your parents as "real" people. Do you know what I mean? She knew my mom as a friend and someone that she got into some mild to moderate (I hope not crazy) shenanigans with. It may sound corny, but it really warmed my heart because this is someone who really knew her. She was really funny and even had stories about my grandfather, grandmother, and aunt. How neat is that? Plus, she knew how to knock back a scotch on the rocks. I want to be her when I'm 65!

5 comments:

Katy C. said...

I love those stories :o)

And thanks for the link to Smart Bitches :o) I predict I will be spending entirely too much time at this blog.

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Are you going to keep in touch with her?

Susan said...

That is so great, Katie. You need to keep in touch with her! I am so happy that you had that experience!

Peyton said...

That is freakin' cool... I am glad you had fun!

PrincessGreen17 said...

I bet that was really special for you, I hope yall can keep in touch!